Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: August 14, 2020
Last Reviewed on: May 1, 2022
Information We Collect
Love’s collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, Love’s has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers, employees, and job applicants within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||YES|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
Depending on a California consumer’s particular interactions with us, we may not have collected each of the above categories about each consumer. For example, we need to collect certain personal information from our employees and job applicants that we do not also collect from our customers.
Love’s obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, through information we collect from you in the course of providing services such as purchases. Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (loves.com). For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- Third parties such as joint marketing partners.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also use your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all Love's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Love’s about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Personal Information
Love’s may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Love’s has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category D: Commercial Information.
We disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Love’s has not sold personal information. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of individuals under the age of 16.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents who are our consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Access to Specific Information
You have the right to request that Love’s disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) that personal information.
- The categories of personal information about you that we shared and the categories of third parties with whom we shared that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold your personal information, the categories of personal information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such personal information
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Love’s delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will respond to it consistent with the CCPA’s requirements.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-844-204-7044.
- Submitting a request online by clicking here.
- Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. If you would like an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, the agent may do so by using the number or form above. In addition to providing the required information about you, your authorized agent will have to provide documentation to demonstrate that he or she is authorized to act on your behalf. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- We may request information from you in order to verify your request, such as your name, email address, postal address, or phone number, and then use that information to match it with information we already have.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
The CCPA prohibits us from responding to your request or providing you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website and in-store customers that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to CCPA@loves.com or write us at: 10601 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73120.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Love’s reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time, subject to the requirements of applicable law.
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
10601 N. Pennsylvania Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73120